We use Ariba for three business areas for suppliers
Supplier Lifecycle and Performance (SLP)
SLP is Western Power’s supplier management tool. It provides our suppliers with a single, accurate supplier record that empowers you to maintain your information and allows Western Power to electronically transact with suppliers.
1. To register your interest in becoming a Western Power Supplier use the supplier registration form
2. Once approved, you may be sent a registration request asking for additional information.
3. If you are successful in becoming a Western Power supplier you will be invited to complete a qualification questionnaire asking you to submit insurance and banking details to allow us to transact with you.
We use the Source-to-contract module for all tendering activities.
If you're invited to participate in a sourcing event, a Sourcing Specialist will send you an invitation email containing a hyperlink to Ariba.
Once you have logged into Ariba you will be guided through the process of submitting a response. If you require assistance, please follow the ‘how to’ information within the system or consult the related information on this page.
Western Power uses the Procure-to-pay module to issue orders and receive invoices via the Ariba Network. This allows us to streamline catalogue maintenance and to consolidate manual commerce processes for us to reduce errors. We’re able to gain insight into our essential procurement processes, ensuring that waiting times for approval are minimal.
Setting up an Ariba account
All suppliers will need to have, at a minimum, a Standard (Light) account with SAP Ariba in order to transact with Western Power.
To help in choosing the best account option for your business please refer to the supporting information below:
- Enterprise (Full) account, or
- Standard (Light) account.
A breakdown of the differences between Enterprise and Standard accounts can be found in our Transacting with Western Power guide.
Further help can be found directly from Ariba:
- Participating in RFI or RFP on the Ariba Network
- How to send an invoice on the Ariba Network
- Creating an Ariba network account
- Ariba network: standard account (formerly light account)
- Switching Ariba network account administrators