Submit your read through our new self-read portal
We've designed the new and improved self-read portal to make submitting your meter readings easier. When it’s time for you to submit your reading, just click the personalised link in the email or SMS we send you to go straight to submitting your read.
The portal has a guide for your particular meter so obtaining your reading is a cinch. You can even use your mobile device and readings for some meter types can be submitted just by taking a photo!
You can submit your reading:
- Online using the link in our notification email or SMS
- Phone 1300 662 708 and follow the prompts
You’ll need your NMI and meter number, which can be found on your most recent Synergy bill. There's more information in our our phone guide if you need more assistance.
If we don't receive your reading by the due date, we'll substitute your reading based on previous usage and Synergy will estimate your bill.
If you read your own meter on arrangement with Synergy, you are required to assist us by submitting a photograph of the meter/s at your property once per year. See how to provide us with your annual read. See how to provide us with your annual read.
How do I read my meter
It is important that you understand how to read your meter. Providing us with the correct reading will ensure that the bill you get from your retailer is accurate.
If you use our self-read portal, the guide for your particular meter is available via the personalised link in our notification email or SMS.
If you are using our phone system, refer to the "How to" guides below to assist you.
If you have a digital meter, refer to the first 4 digits of the meter serial number and refer to the relevant brochure.
- How to read my dial meter
- How to read my electro-mechanical digital (odometer) display meter
- How to read my meter - 0200/0258
- How to read my meter - 0350
- How to read my meter - 0348
- How to read my meter - 0450
- How to read my meter - 0520
- How to read my meter - 0530
- How to read my meter - 0540
- How to read my electronic meter