Skip to content

Underground supply in an overhead area

share icon

Who is this for?

For homes or businesses who want to convert an existing overhead connection to an underground connection with a green dome.

clock icon

How long will it take?

3 weeks for the changeover from overhead to underground power to occur after application is received.

dollar icon

How much will it cost?

No cost (if the cost was included as part of a Western Power project).

Only licensed electrical contractors can complete this form after submitting a new residential connection.

What to include with your application

circle check orange

Preliminary Notice number

An electrical contractor intending to carry out any notifiable electrical installing work or cause any notifiable electrical installing work to be carried out must submit a preliminary notice to Western Power before the proposed electrical installing work is commenced. You’ll need to ensure the notice is for an alteration or addition.

circle check orange

Western Power project reference number

You’ll need the project reference number for an existing pole to pillar project application.

Ready to apply for an underground supply in an overhead area?

Once you’ve gotten the above, you are ready to apply.