What are the benefits of SPS?
Benefits of stand-alone power systems include:
- Reliability and power quality improvements – significantly less power interruptions for customers currently located on long spur lines in regional areas.
- Better value – more cost efficient than replacing and maintaining long feeder lines.
- Modular – each unit can be augmented to adapt to a customer’s changing energy requirements.
- Lowers bushfire risks in regional areas.
- Reduction in land access – asset footprint in most cases will be reduced from tens of kilometres to approximately a ten-metre squared installation.