What more do I need to know about a single phase to multi-phase conversion?
- Before you purchase any materials and begin work on the installation, please ensure that three phase is available to your property. Please keep in mind that:
- A three phase supply may not be readily available at all new or existing lots; there may be network availability limitations
- It is not uncommon for regional distribution systems to comprise of only single or two phase capacity.
- There are two policies; the Single Phase Underground Distribution System and the Single Phase Underground Rural Supply System which, if your area is affected by, will preclude you from three phase power
- We will usually install a pillar in these circumstances. The pillar location will need to meet clearance requirements
- Your electrical contractor will need to complete the installation by installing your meter and terminating the consumer mains
- If your consumer mains are larger than 35mm2, we will need to terminate them for you instead