How much will it cost?
We'll provide a quote
after we complete the scoping and design of your project.
|Application fee (plus 0.59% credit card surcharge)||$497.42|
* While the design fee is GST inclusive, the GST exclusive amount will be deducted from the access offer if proceeding, i.e. GST is not refunded
|Construction costs||We will provide a quote|
The cost of an electricity supply is dependent on how much power you require. In most cases, the cost will be based on what we call the Distribution Low Voltage Connection Scheme.
How long will it take?
Up to 10 business days
to respond to your application.
After our technical assessment
we’ll contact you to discuss your requirements and work with you on an expected delivery date in line with the complexity of your project.
What to include with your application
A site plan
Provides us with an understanding of your work site, the location of existing and new assets and help us to design your product. It will need to include:
- your property
- neighbouring properties
- the location of the supply point.
Site plan for a meter connection
For a pillar site plan to be accepted, it must clearly show:
- the proposed pillar location in a visible colour on the site plan.
- the street name on which the property borders
- the full address of the property
- the nearest intersection (for rural properties it helps to locate the site)
In order to provide a fast, accurate quote and advice on your new connection arrangement we require a comprehensive site plan with details of your current and/or proposed site layout. This includes but is not limited to the following information being clearly marked on your plan:
- boundary or retaining walls at the side and front of the property – including depth of wall
- location of items such as letterboxes, garden beds, trees/stumps, driveways, crossovers
- detail or grades of any major inclines or slopes near the front boundary
- utility locations for water meters/pipes, gas pipes, sewer mains/connections and access points
- proposed location of new pillar/s
Pillar exclusion zone
The pillar needs to have an exclusion zone of 50cm from its centre. Inside or under the exclusion zone there must not be any:
- water pipes, water storage facilities or water meters
- gas pipes or meters
- telecommunication cables
- sewage, waste water, or storm water pipes
- reticulation pipes or cables
- tree roots and other vegetation
- concrete, asphalt, limestone or bedrock
Find out what underground assets may be in the vicinity by submitting a Dial Before You Dig application.
Creating a site plan using maps or satellite images
An easy way to create a site plan is to use a online mapping service like Google Maps. Just take a screen shot of the address and then label the requirements on it.
Using construction plans or engineering drawings for a site plan
If you’ve got access to construction plans or engineering drawings, you’ll be able to submit these as a site plan as long as it includes all our requirements.
A single line diagram
A single line diagram provides us with the technical information to design a connection to meet your requirements.
Ready to apply?
I've got my site plan and single line diagram ready.Apply now
Estimated time to complete: 10 minutes
Need help before applying
If you're not sure what you need, get advice from our team.Talk to us
Once you’ve received confirmation of your Western Power meter upgrade or change, your meter/s can be collected in person from one of the distribution outlets below.
|204 Bannister Rd, Canning Vale||9311 6500|
|53 Office Rd, Kwinana||9439 1799|
|819 Marshall Rd, Malaga||9208 7300|
|48 Reserve St, Mandurah||9582 0733|
|U1/50 Discovery Drive, Bibra Lake||9331 7575|
|U1/16 Fortitude Blvd, Gnangara||9302 6450|
|29 Farrall Road, Midvale||9250 3040|
|2 Colin Jamieson Drv, Welshpool||9458 6788|
|194 Albany Hwy, Albany||6820 2000|
|11 Clifford St, Bunbury||9725 5300|
|115 Flores Rd, Geraldton||9921 1533|
|11 Wilurarra Rd, West Kalgoorlie||9026 4000|
|15 Trumper Drive, Busselton||9754 1911|
|U2/40 Station Rd, Margaret River||9758 8011|