Emergency solar management in WA – New requirements for solar installers and electrical contractors
To maintain the stability of the energy system and support the continued installation of rooftop solar, the WA State Government is introducing emergency solar management. This webinar will discuss the new requirements for solar installers and electrical contractors applicable to new or upgraded residential rooftop solar systems installed from 14 February 2022.
Join the live event
on Monday 31 January
When: Monday 31 January 2022
Time: 3.00pm - 5.00pm – as outlined in the agenda below.
Where: Online via Zoom
To maintain the stability of the energy system and support the continued installation of rooftop solar, the WA State Government is introducing emergency solar management.
3:00pm – 4:00pm
Presented by James Giblin, DER Acceleration Manager
- Background of emergency solar management and engagement plan
- An overview of the changes, including what it means for you and your customers
- Process changes to the Synergy Solar application and Western Power Embedded Generation application for solar installers and providers.
- Key dates and next steps
4:00pm – 5:00pm
Meter Control Method for Emergency Solar Management
Presented by Nigel Wilmot, Senior Standards & Technology Engineer
- Site evaluation criteria for meter control method
- What are AMI meters?
- Meter control methods and changes to wiring
- Commissioning and testing
- Key takeaways
- Basic Embedded generator connection technical requirements (new)
- Distribution customer connection requirements (recently updated)
Register for the webinar
Please register your intent to attend the webinar. You can submit any questions ahead of time. On the day there will also be the opportunity to submit questions which will be answered post the webinar via email. Once registered, you will receive a Zoom link and further details directly to your email.
Clean Energy Council will also be present on the day.
Synergy and Western Power are committed to supporting the solar industry during a period of transition and will provide ongoing updates through a range of industry briefing sessions, information fact sheets and online content.
Stay in touch with us
In addition to the information available on the website, Synergy has produced a video update specifically for solar installers.