Sometimes it's necessary for Western Power to interrupt your power supply so we can safely carry out maintenance work or upgrade the network.
We do this only when it's absolutely necessary and try to schedule outages to minimise disruption.
In recognition of the inconvenience caused when we fail to provide notice, you may be eligible to receive a $50 service standard payment if:
- you did not receive at least 72 hours’ notice of the planned outage
- your claim is made within 60 days of the outage date
- you or your electricity retailer did not request that the outage occur (e.g. you did not request us to temporarily disconnect your supply to safely carry out renovations or repairs)
- a service standard payment has not been previously issued to you, for the same outage at the premises.
- The outage was planned network maintenance and not a fault, emergency or remedial repairs.
You will be notified of the outcome within 30 days of receipt of your application form..