I got a defect notice for my Private Power Pole, but I can't see what's wrong with it?
Here are some common issues that will result in us issuing a defect notice for your private power pole:
- Termite related damage
- Rot, splitting, fire damage or cracks in wooden poles and cross arms
- Excessive leaning or instability of the pole
- Rusting/corrosion of metal poles, lattice/tripod structures, cross arms or attachments
- Physical damage of the pole, e.g. via impact, which affects structural integrity
- Sawn timber poles (generally square section, often untreated) are not suitable for power poles as they are more prone to rot and structural deterioration
The Department of Building and Energy provides examples of these faults and others.