Why are some faults repaired and power restored in minutes while others take hours?
The duration of a power outage is affected by various factors including:
- the number of high priority incidents and new incident reports which may flow in, for example, during a storm
- the location of the fault and how close it is to your property
- the ability to use backup power while we repair the fault
- the nature of the fault and how easy it is to repair
- the time required to get extra resources to a site when needed.