Skip to content

How will I be compensated for the lack of power?

Western Power provides an extended outage payment to acknowledge community inconvenience during periods without power.   

The extended outage payment is usually $80 but has been increased to $160 for customers impacted by this weather event, either directly or indirectly. It is a courtesy payment and is separate from the disaster relief payments offered by the Federal Government.  

You can apply, once power is reconnected. To find out more and lodge a claim, visit our extended outage page 

You will need your meter number and bank details to do this. We can help you fill out the form over the phone – please call 13 13 51 for assistance. 

The Federal Government-coordinated Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA) is a short term payment to help you if a declared disaster directly affects your income. Eligibility criteria is available here, and information on how to claim is here. Presently the payment is available to those who live in the Shire of Northampton.