I noticed my meter wasn’t read. Why is this?
We follow strict protocols when entering your property to read your meter. If we are unable to access your property or your meter, we will leave a skipped read card which will state why this was the case. Examples of one of these situations is as follows:
- Access is only achievable through a neighbouring property
- The meter box is fitted with a private lock and not an approved Western Power master key lock
- The meter is located behind a fence or locked gates, hindering access
- There is a dog on the property or a dog warning sign on the gate
- The meter is located inside a carport, basement, enclosed verandah or other enclosed area which we can only access by making an appointment with you
- The meter is obstructed by trees, shrubs and/or gardens.