Skip to content

How do I get the power disconnected for demolition?

If you plan to demolish a property, and need the power disconnected and removed so the work can proceed safely, then first speak to your retailer to have your meter removed.

Your retailer will request us to disconnect the power.  We generally remove your meter and connection within 10 business days.

  • For overhead supply we remove the meter and overhead service cables
  • For underground supply we remove the meter. You must arrange to have the underground cable between the pillar and the building removed.

In certain circumstances, your retailer will request you complete the Connections, Disconnections and Metering form.

This will apply if you have a complex CT meter and to specific properties located in the CBD.