Skip to content

How do I convert from overhead to underground power?

Running an underground cable from the pole in the street to your property is commonly referred to as a pole to pillar connection. Depending on which side of the road the powerlines are, this may involve drilling under the road. A pillar is then installed inside your property, close to the side and front boundaries. You need to organise an electrical contractor to install a mains cable from the pillar to your meter box to complete the connection.