Skip to content



We define a complaint* as an expression of dissatisfaction with our products, services, employees, or our complaints handling process, where you are specifically seeking a resolution.

If dissatisfaction has not been expressed, or resolution not sought, we do not consider the matter a complaint.

If you would like to talk to us about your situation, call our Customer Experience Centre on 13 10 87 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays) and our customer experience team will be happy to assist.

*The International Standards Organisation (ISO) Australian/New Zealand standard... Read more

You can lodge a complaint with us in any of the following ways:

  • Complete an online complaints form
  • Call us on 13 10 87 between 8.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (except public holidays)
  • Write to us at: Complaints Team, Locked Bag 2520, Perth WA 6001

If you have hearing or speech difficulties call the National Relay Service on 1800 13 13 51.
If you require language assistance, call the telephone interpreter service (TIS National) on 13 14 50. Interpreter services

Firstly, if you call us, we will do our best to resolve your complaint over the phone.

If we receive your complaint electronically or in writing, or if we have been unable to resolve your complaint over the phone, then we will acknowledge that we received your complaint. If you submitted your complaint using our online form, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement. If you sent your complaint to us by Post, we will write back to you to acknowledge your complaint. In most cases you will receive an acknowledgement very quickly; however, in some cases you may not receive that for 10 business ... Read more

If you believe that we did not acknowledge your complaint within 10 business days or respond to your complaint within 20 business days, you may be eligible for a $50 payment.

If this happens, you will need to complete an application form within three months*

*This means from the date you should have received an acknowledgement or a response.

If you are not satisfied with our response or decision you can:

  • Contact the complaints team directly to request it be reviewed by a senior employee. To do this you can call us on the telephone number supplied in our complaint response letter.
  • Raise the complaint with the Energy and Water Ombudsman, which is a free and independent service (Freecall 1800 754 004)**

The Energy and Water Ombudsman was established as an independent and impartial entity to receive, investigate and facilitate the resolution of complaints. However, it is advisable to contact Western Power before you contact the Energy... Read more

In some cases you may have a complaint that relates to another organisation, such as a retailer. When we receive a complaint that does not relate to our products or services, we will advise you who to contact (if known).

All customer feedback provided to our complaints team is maintained and recorded in our customer information system. Your privacy is protected in accordance with our privacy policy.