When will Western Power not compensate for loss or damage?
As a general guide we are unable to compensate customers for any loss or damage that occurs as a result of events or circumstances outside our control including, but not limited to:
- trees or overgrown vegetation clashing with powerlines
- interference by wildlife (e.g. birds, animals, termites)
- motor vehicles colliding with power poles
- lightning, storms, winds or windborne debris
- events caused by pollution
- power interruptions for planned work
- emergency action by police, fire or emergency services
- any third party interference to the electricity system.
We generally do not accept claims for incidents over 1 year old and we do not investigate claims where the sum claimed is less than $10.