The time to assess your claim is dependent on the complexity of the investigation required and the number of claims currently requiring investigation.
While claims are generally investigated and finalised within a few weeks, some claims may take longer.
We will confirm we have received your claim and if you have any queries you can contact us, via our customer experience centre on 13 10 87.
- Affirm that:
- all information provided and statements made are truthful and accurate and no information likely to affect the outcome of this claim has been withheld.
- the damaged property which is subject of this claim is owned by me/us.
- Neither I nor any person claiming on my behalf have made a claim for this damage to anyone else (including an insurer) nor will I make such a claim if I accept any payment from Western Power in settlement of this claim.
- Acknowledge and accept that:
- Western Power will reply upon information supplied by me/us when determining this claim.
- If, based on the... Read more
If we decline your claim, we will send you an email advising of the reason for the problem (such as the cause for the power outage), which will assist you should you then pursue compensation through your insurance company.
If you were affected by a power outage lasting 12 hours or more, you may be eligible for an $80 extended outage service standard payment.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you may request a secondary review by emailing[email protected]quoting your claim reference number. You should also provide any further or additional information you may have in ... Read more
As a general guide we are unable to compensate customers for any loss or damage that occurs as a result of events or circumstances outside our control including, but not limited to:
- trees or overgrown vegetation clashing with powerlines
- interference by wildlife (e.g. birds, animals, termites)
- motor vehicles colliding with power poles
- lightning, storms, winds or windborne debris
- events caused by pollution
- power interruptions for planned work
- emergency action by police, fire or emergency services
- any third party interference to the electricity system.
We generally do not accept claims... Read more
Where appropriate, we will meet the replacement cost for replacing "like with like".
We will help customers meet the fair and reasonable cost of repairs to damaged equipment under the following circumstances:
- incorrect action by us, or
- inappropriate operation of our equipment
We do not reimburse GST when compensating business customers who are able to lodge GST input tax credits, since this is claimed from the Australian Tax Office.
You must provide all supporting documents, including any receipts/invoices, quotations, repair reports and photographs of any damaged items. We reserve the right to view original documents.
Damaged items should not be disposed of until after the claim has been resolved (excluding food goods).
In some cases, you may need to provide our assessors with reasonable access to investigate your claim request.
Without supporting documentation/evidence, Western Power will be unable to process your claim.