Amending personal information
An individual has a right to apply to Western Power for the amendment of his or her personal information in a document held by Western Power that is:
- out of date; or
The closest relative of the deceased person has the right to apply for amendment of personal information about the deceased person.
An application to amend must:
- be in writing;
- expressly state that the application is made under the FOI Act;
- give enough details to enable the document that contains the information to be identified;
- give details of how the person believes the information is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date or misleading;
- give the person's reasons for holding that belief;
give details of the amendment(s) that the applicant requests be made; and
- give an Australian address to which notices can be sent.
Receipt of an application to amend personal information will be acknowledged in writing. Western Power has a period of 30 days (or such further time permitted under the FOI Act) in which to process an application and decide whether to amend the personal information as requested.