Load following ancillary services
Chapter 3 of the Wholesale Electricity Market rules requires System Management to:
- determine all Ancillary Service Requirements in accordance with the South West Interconnected System Operating Standards and the Ancillary Service Standards.
- determine and procure Load Following Ancillary Services to a standard that is sufficient to provide Minimum Frequency Keeping Capacity, where the Minimum Frequency Keeping Capacity is the greater of: 30 MW and the capacity sufficient to cover 99.9% of the short term fluctuations in load and output of Non-Scheduled Generators and uninstructed output fluctuations from Scheduled Generations, measured as the variance of 1 minute average readings around a thirty minute rolling average.
The standard for Load Following Ancillary Service is currently +/- 60MW.
A procurement process has commenced, with expressions of interest being sought for provision of Load Following Ancillary Services for the South West Interconnected System. The performance requirements necessary to be considered for provision of this service may be found in the request for expressions of interest document.
The request for expressions of interest for this procurement will close at 3pm Friday 26 February 2010 Perth, Western Australia.
Persons interested in participating in this expression of interest process should consider each of the following documents. There may be addenda issued from time to time in relation to this process – interested persons should frequently check this webpage.
Load Following Ancillary Services:
- Request for expressions of interest (CLOSING DATE 3PM FRIDAY 26 FEBRUARY 2010) (PDF 194kb)
- Section D from the request for expressions of interest (WORD 123kb)
- Assessment Guidelines (PDF 54kb)
- Probity plan (PDF 139kb)
- Deed (PDF 432kb)
- Deed - load following schedule (PDF 84kb)
- Addendum Number 1 - Request for Expression of Interest (PDF 11kb)
- Addendum Number 2 - Request for Expression of Interest (PDF 16kb)
EOI for Load Following services presentation
System Management will hold a brief presentation on the expression of interest at 10am Thursday 28 January 2010 at the East Perth Control Centre.
To register your interest to attend this presentation, please contact Grace Tan at email@example.com by Thursday 14 January 2010.
Outcome of the Load Following Ancillary Services Expression of Interest procurement process
A procurement process for Load Following Ancillary Services commenced 3 December 2009. The Expressions of Interest for this procurement closed on Friday 26 February 2010. The following document announces the outcome of the Load Following Ancillary Service Expressions of Interest procurement process.
- Outcome of the Load Following Ancillary Service Expressions of Interest procurement process (PDF 17kb)
To view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.