Network Authority Card
Implementation – commencing 1 January 2011
Western Power has formalised the minimum competencies and skill sets required to work on or near Western Power's Network. These compliance requirements will now be captured via an online database, linked to a new Network Authority Card.
All individuals requiring access to a Western Power construction site, as defined in the WA Occupational Safety and Health Regulations, will require a Network Authority Card.
Key points on the Network Authority Card
- Refer to Operational Technical Excellence (OTX) Bulletin No. 7186341, issued on 30 June 2010
- The Network Authority Card is applicable to the Network Total Workforce, which includes Western Power employees, Distribution Partners, Alliance and Contractors
- The Network Authority Card has replaced the existing orange books previously used by contractors carrying out work for Western Power.
What are the minimum requirements for a Network Authority Card?
- Basic First Aid (with CPR) - via enrolling online at Power Training Services.
- OH&S Construction Induction Card (Blue Card/White Card) - via online enrolment or through an appropriate Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
- Western Power Operational Induction PTS757 (formerly PTS 715) - via enrolling at Power Training Services.
Note: Operational Induction PTS 757 applies only to personnel who have commenced working on or near the Western Power network since 1st January 2010.
- Please attach a digital photo in .jpg format) from shoulders upward. Click here to view a sample photo.
- Proof of identification (e.g. Driver's Licence).
I haven't got a card yet... what should I do?
If you have not yet received a Network Authority Card you will need to complete the stated minimum requirements. On completion you will need to submit a Worker Authorisation Application Form (PDF 30kb) to obtain your card.You will need to:
- Obtain or review your current status of the above minimum requirements.
- Contact the relevant organisation/s to organise your training and obtain your Network Authority Card.
Worker Authorisation Standard (PDF 290 kb)
Workers Authorisation Application Form (PDF 30 kb)
Network Authorisation Bulletin (PDF 70 kb)
If you have any questions please contact OTX:
- Phone: (08) 9326 6656
- Email: email@example.com
To view PDF files you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.