New streetlight applications

There are three types of project requests for new streetlight installations and each has a different application process:

  1. Customer owned and operated
  2. Customer designed and constructed
  3. Western Power designed and constructed

Relocations and modifications

To modify, relocate or remove existing streetlights in your shire, town or city an Application for unmetered supply form (PDF 139kb) must be completed and submitted to Western Power.

To request a proactive upgrade to a 42 W Compact Fluorescent Luminaire (CFL) an Application for unmetered supply form must also be submitted.

Western Power will send you an acknowledgement letter within 10 working days of receiving your application. If you do not receive a written acknowledgement with in the timeframe, please call our Customer Service Centre on 13 10 87

How to apply

Completed forms should be sent with a site planand evidence of approvalfrom the relevant local government authority to:

Western Power
Locked Bag 2520
Perth WA 6001
Fax: 08 9225 2073

The site plan should be a scaled map showing the position and size of the streetlights, with street names and site address clearly labelled.

It is only possible for Western Power to process applications that are submitted with all supporting documentation.

Contact us

For more information contact us on 13 10 87