Any application to the Western Australian Planning Commission (WAPC) for a change to an existing title as a result of: amalgamation of lots, creation of new lots, relocation of boundaries is subject to our assessment and is based on the guidelines contained within the Underground distribution schemes manual.
- WAPC will refer your application to us for comment
- we will complete a desktop assessment and determine the conditions under which WAPC will either approve or refuse your application
- if approval is granted, complete the correct forms and advise us of your WAPC reference number, so we can provide an accurate quote or estimate
- read the accompanying documentation outlining the scope of work that is covered by us and any additional work required by you
- satisfy the conditions of your approved application, which may include:
- provide underground power connections for each lot
- remove or relocate our assets
- register easements
- transfer land
- complete any internal electrical work
- once all conditions have been met, clearance can be requested
Clearances are often done by a surveyor and are required before a new title can be issued by Landgate. For further information, see our clearance section.
Reconsideration of conditions
If you feel a condition has been unfairly placed on your application, send a formal letter outlining your concerns, extenuating circumstances or issues to us:
Mail: Western Power
Locked Bag 2520
Perth WA 6001
Fax: 08 9225 2073
We will take into account all the information provided and respond in a timely manner.
General information about subdividing
- Underground connections (to pillars) are compulsory in both overhead and underground areas - unless the lots you are creating are larger than 50 hectares
- All existing overhead services must be removed and converted to underground
- Guidelines determine how power must be provided to a Western Power-approved subdivision according to its size, location and the surrounding infrastructure. Refer to the underground distribution scheme manual for details.